|Welcome to Woolton Primary School. We hope you enjoy your visit to our website.
Welcome Page 2023-24
Welcome to the WPS website!
I am very pleased to welcome you to the Woolton Primary School Website. Woolton Primary School officially opened on the 1st September 2011, following the amalgamation of Woolton Infant School and Woolton Junior School.
This website contains information about our school, it's organisation and the educational opportunities we offer our pupils.
At Woolton Primary School all our work is led by our school values and we follow the Woolton Way. We aim to encourage our children to learn as much as possible and achieve their individual potential whilst developing respect and consideration for others. Our expectations of both children's learning and behaviour are high at all times and all our children are actively supported to believe they can make progress, be successful and achieve.
Our school vision statement is 'Learning Together... Achieving Together!' which reflects the fact that learning and teamwork are at the heart of everything we do.
Our school mission statement explains this further:
Woolton Primary School Mission Statement
"Working together to provide every child with an inclusive, high quality, enjoyable learning experience where success is celebrated and children feel valued."
I am very proud that Woolton Primary School can offer such a happy and safe learning environment for our children to develop and grow in. Please take the time to read more about our school. Our website is updated every week with lots information to interest you!
J Ngenda - Headteacher
You can learn more about our school values and the Woolton Way by following the blue links below:
" The school values are one of my favourite things about WPS because they remind me to be those things every day" Voice of the WPS child 2023
Better Never Stops...
Woolton Primary School Values are the Olympic and Paralympic Values
These are displayed in every classroom and all around our school environment.
WPS Ethos and Values
- Our WPS values lead the way in all our work and provide the foundations of our welcoming and supportive school ethos.
- We worked together to establish our values when WPS first opened in September 2011, they are the Olympic and Paralympic values.
- WPS opened the year before the London 2012 olympics and paralympics.
- In September 2015 we reviewed our values and added Teamwork and Self-belief. Children also worked to design our values symbols.
- In 2017 the children added the value of kindness, making our WPS values complete.
- Our values are reviewed on an annual basis, at the start of the year, and are revisited in all our work throughout the year.
- In 2023 we have started a special focus on our value of equality. Children and staff worked to establish our school definition of equality.
You can learn more about the history of our values by following the link here: -Ethos, Values & FBV'S
Woolton Primary School Values - The Olympic and Paralympic Values
Our school motto is Better Never Stops...
This was the team GB motto for London 2012.